Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 4

My brush and Proraso cream arrived last night.  Very excited.

I followed the instructions of an Amazon reviewer for doing an initial cleaning of the brush.  I put some dish soap in a cup of warm water and let the brush soak for a while.  Then I rinsed it out and put some of the new Proraso cream directly on the brush and lathered it in my hand for a while until the entire brush was covered in thick foam.  I let the brush sit like this overnight, and rinsed it out in the morning.  I didn't notice much odor from the brush initially, but thought a good cleaning couldn't hurt.

I used a large coffee mug to create my first lather.  I think it worked pretty well.  The lather was definitely much nicer on my face than what I had been previously using.  Still need to work on technique and pressure.





First lather:

Still a lot of red bumps and nicks.  I imagine these may take a while to heal, and I still may be using too much pressure with the blade.


No comments:

Post a Comment